How to Start Lose Weight at 230 Pounds - John's Success Story

John May said the commercial was the turning point for him because although he was only 31, he thought he looked 50. A selection of photos show the incredible change in his physique. 

John, who also owns Sweeps barber shop in Walton, has appeared in several major advertising campaigns – but now is almost unrecognisable as he prepares to take part in his first bodybuilding competition.

Now weighing around 155 pounds, he is set to appear in the UK Bodybuilding Fitness Federation (BFF) North East Qualifier in Leeds next Sunday

At his heaviest, John was tipping the scales at 230 pounds, and after the break-down of his relationship began feeling down and unhappy. But since January this year, John, from Liverpool, has transformed his life. The 36-year-old first realised he needed to change around five years ago after seeing himself on a TV ad for Betfred bookies.

He told the Liverpool Echo : “I used to be into running marathons. Around 12 years ago I was running 50 miles a week, I loved it.  But when I opened my barber shop my focus shifted and I was working all the time, I left the running to one side.

“Over time I started putting weight on. I went from 140 pounds  to 170 pounds. That was over five or six years.”

John said time pressures at work meant he did not take proper breaks and would spend his shift eating sugary sweets.

He said: “I would go to the shop and buy a big packet of Monster Munch, a chocolate bar and a bottle of coke. Then I would be drinking Red Bull all day for energy and on the way home I could not be a**** cooking so I would probably stop at Pizza Hut or something.”

But after the Betfred commercial hit the airwaves, John began to realise things needed to change. He said: “It was that commercial. That was sort of the turning point for me. I was 31 and I looked about 50. So I joined Keto Diet and lost around 30 pounds. When I started the Keto plan, I started losing a lot of weight very quickly.. I just quit everything that was bad for me and followed the plan properly..”

He said: “I would treat my food as my pocket money - to get out of debt I would have to skimp on my food.”




 

 

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Postnatal Depression Weight Loss - Jo's Success Story

How to Lose 120 lbs in 6 Months - Success Story