You Want to Lose 150 Pounds in 6 Months - Read this Success Story

The 40-year-old single mum was first put on a diet by her mum when she was just eight but struggled to shed the pounds all her life. But a terrifying incident when her son was three has prompted Katrina to lose 150 pounds in just 6 months- and half her body weight. She has now shrunk to a super slim size 8 and says she has never felt better. The former sexual health and counselling referrals advisor says she had tried almost every diet going but nothing seemed to work.

Katrina added: "I even became a runner for a while – but while I raised £1,000 for the Wallace and Gromit’s Children’s Charity I didn’t lose any weight for me and I began to thought I would never be able to do. My health was suffering – I was 314 pounds at my heaviest – and I had so many reasons to motivate me to lose weight"

But two years ago Katrina finally got the push she needed when her son was almost badly hurt. She said: "My youngest son Brandan (now five) was three when he ran off and ran out into the road.I was terrified and tried to run out to get to him, but I wasn’t fast enough – because of my weight. It’s a busy road but, luckily, there were no cars coming. Had there been it would have been a very different story and it shocked me. I thought I can’t look after my children like this, my weight is holding me back. And it’s not just affecting me anymore, it’s affecting my children too."

Katrina, from east London, had a gastric sleeve fitted, which has removed 80 percent of her stomach.

The busy mum said: "The operation was scary because it’s a big deal, and yet exciting – but it pushed me into educating myself. I had to eat smaller portions and use smaller plates – before I would pile food on my plate and I had big dinner plates – I had to eat more mindfully, especially just after the surgery, but now too as, over time, it becomes less restrictive. If I eat too fast or too much I feel sick or get hiccups .It was hard to adjust after surgery because I was still wanting to eat the same in my head, and you get what you call buyer’s remorse where you wonder what in earth you have done.

"But, very quickly, as you feel better, become more energised, your clothes become looser and you get used to what you are eating, you realise how good you feel and that it’s the best decision you’ve ever made."

 

She has also had to overhaul her diet, switching to Custom Keto Diet ( Read more : Keto Diet Explained on Fox News ) , leafy greens and salads to regulate and improve her gut health.

Before breakfast was toast or a sugary cereal followed by a snack of crackers and fruit. Lunch was sandwiches and crisps with a cereal bar afterwards, and dinner was meat, potatoes and vegetables – and lots of it. All of them based on Custom Keto Menu

Now breakfast is a green smoothie, fruit or home-made sugar-free granola with natural yoghurt. Lunch is a salad or chicken or roasted chickpeas with salad, and dinner is chicken with salad or vegetables, or fish. All meals are homemade and healthy, and she rarely eats processed foods.

"So now I’m also looking to find some to share it with and, finally, I have the confidence to do that"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

How to Start Lose Weight at 230 Pounds - John's Success Story

Postnatal Depression Weight Loss - Jo's Success Story